Patricia L. Brown
Patricia Brown has been practicing law for over 17 years in Austin, with an emphasis on people and families, focusing principally on family law and divorce, while also handling personal and family estate planning.
Having gone through a divorce, and raising 2 children as a single mother, Ms. Brown founded the firm based on her personal philosophy: genuine empathy for men and women seeking help. She focuses on understanding each client's individual needs, and has the unique ability to distill complex emotional and legal situations into their essence, and communicating to her clients in a way that her clients feel a great sense of comfort and relief.
Ms. Brown received her law degree from Albany Law School in 1996, after completing her final year at the University of Texas Law School in Austin. Ms. Brown then founded this firm in Round Rock in 1997.
Ms. Brown grew up in New Hampshire. She proudly served a four year tour of duty in the United States Navy, simultaneously putting herself through the University of Mississippi. After graduating from college and leaving the Navy, she was a junior high school teacher. She then relocated to Albany, NY, and while raising her family there, became an entrepreneur, starting several small businesses, before deciding to go to law school, going heavily in debt to fund it.
Ms. Brown has eclectic tastes in music and literature and loves to read and listen to music. She was an accomplished musician in high school, and is a talented artist. She enjoys her 4 grandchildren, and traveling in the U.S. and overseas with her husband.
See and hear Attorney Patricia Brown answer common questions in our video center.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Estate Planning
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2003
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- Mississippi State University
- Major: English Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Travis County Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Brown, McHam and Associates, January 1, 2005
- Patricia L. Brown and Associates, P.C., June 1, 2007
- Law Offices of Patricia L. Brown, April 1, 2000